The objectives of WP6 are:
- To quantitatively assess the sustainability of the novel technologies at economic and environmental level ;
- To compare the performance of the novel technologies to that of traditional materials and construction methods.
More precisely, the work package aims to provide answer to questions such as:
- What are the main steps in the novel pavement technologies life cycle contributing to environmental impacts?
- What are the environmental issues linked to innovative pavements?
- What are the environmental/economic benefits of the new technologies compared to traditional materials and construction methods? What is the economic feasibility of such technologies?
- What are the potential areas of improvement for the use of these technologies?
- What key environmental/economic performance indicators (or eco-innovation metrics) could best describe the life cycle of the technologies?
- What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the novel products in the market place?